Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pastor Brenda's Letter

Dear Beloved Church,

My season with you has gone by way too quickly. As I write this, I am humbled because I recognize that I have gained so much more from this experience than I was able to give. Thank you for your patience and guidance and for taking me to a new level of understanding in my journey of faith. Many of you have attended CCUMC since you were children or young adults and I have been inspired by your love and continuing commitment to this church. I have also been encouraged by your enthusiasm for new ideas, by your unfailing compassion, and by your high level of participation in the ministries of the church. Below are just a few of my favorite memories:

Playing games in our courtyard at the Chinatown Street Festival
Representing at the Gum Moon Fundraiser
Singing with the CM Choir
Sharing stories at the I-Relate Workshop
Celebrating and snagging some auction items at the Kumi Fundraiser
Christmas Caroling
The Christmas Pageant
AIF Monthly Gatherings
Family Night with the Homework Club
Easter Worship and eating pancakes
Trying to speak Cantonese (I still only speak two words and recognize about six)
Eating new food especially with new friends
Visiting with you in your homes
Meaningful music and prayers in EM worship

I’m so grateful to the leadership of the Cal/Nevada UM Conference and to all of you at CCUMC for allowing me the opportunity to serve this year. You are very dear to me and because we share a common faith in the risen Christ I say with hope - God be with you ‘til we meet again.

Love,
Pastor Brenda