Tuesday, July 20, 2010

More From Aeri, July 8th

Thursday, July 08, 2010

image

Dear church family,

I am just learning the technicalities involved in inserting pictures into documents and attaching it in email and sending it via my blackberry. So consider this a test. Here I am standing proudly in front of my hand-washed clothes… haha.

By the way, yesterday, I had to take Modeste to a nearby clinic when I found him in his room with not only a swollen foot, but swollen lymph-nodes and a fever. They cleaned his wound and poured some kind of inky purple stuff on it. When I asked what is was, they couldn’t tell me. Anyhow, they gave him some antibiotics to take. He seems much better today and the swelling and the fever is down. Thanks be to God. However, Ndatwa Jean-Claude, another Rwandese student is sick with malaria. I’d appreciate your prayers for him as well…

image

And this is Susan, who cooks all my meals for me at the guesthouse. She manages to churn out three meals a day using exactly what you see on the shelves for spices: salt, vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and cooking oil. She looks like a young girl, but she is mother to 2 teenage girls and one 5 year old boy. She also happens to be from the same tribe as David Ofumbi.

I have not remembered to take pictures while I’m teaching, but I will send some your way when I can manage it.

Aeri