Sunday, May 3, 2015

Michelle and Jeffrey Lu Share about First UMC Experience

Last Sunday, Ben, Aeri, Michelle, and Jeffrey visited First United Methodist Church in Fremont, to share the story of YCVM and how today, we have the Kumi Christian Visionary School in existence! Pastor William Chou presides at this church. He is the husband of Pastor Meina Ko. The following are reflections of Michelle’s and Jeffrey’s experience:

Jeffrey Lu: I had the amazing opportunity to share my experience of what I learned at Kumi, Uganda with the First United Methodist Church in Fremont, CA. Normally, I would give a testimony about my experience there and talk more about how I really felt. However, this time around I felt motivated to talk about my experience with the kids.
In a nutshell, I talked about how I truly saw God in the kids, and how they really changed my lives. If anything, the kids taught me way more things than what I taught them. I may have taught them math, english, and science, but they taught me things that I would never forget in my life - what it truly means to be thankful, what it truly means to care for others, and what it truly means to be a child of God.
Michelle Lu: I had the amazing opportunity to share a testimony at the First United Methodist Church at Fremont. Being able to share stories of the mission trip is always a blessing because having listening ears and open hearts is a great thing to have when it comes to sharing God’s dream. I felt welcomed and thankful that the congregation opened up to us and listened to each of our testimonies with open hearts. The sharing brought back memorable events on the mission trip. I miss the interactions with the children there, the food, the music, and Uganda overall. It reminded me how God can work in such wondrous ways through His people. How God can work through people and create something wonderful outside the four walls of the church. The theme of the sharing was hope; having hope for the future , and this covenant relationship that we have in Uganda, is hope for the children.